Stór heimur!

Hvort sem það er hástart eða hang, sjálfknúið eða vindknúið, þá er þetta ágætis staðsetning fyrir það.
Svara
Passamynd
Sverrir
Site Admin
Póstar: 11440
Skráður: 17. Apr. 2004 03:33:31

Re: Stór heimur!

Póstur eftir Sverrir »

Já þökk sé töfrum internetsins, og Baldri Sveinssyni, þá ferðast íslensk flug víða! Hann Maarten í Hollandi smíðaði þetta flugmódel af Ka-4 Rhöenlerche II í skalanum 1:3,5 og fór eftir ljósmynd frá Baldri sem hann fann á Airliners.net. Flugmódelið er óflogið eins og er.

Mynd

Mynd

Mynd

Mynd

Mynd

Í dag klæðist SBE þó örlítið öðruvísi fötum og dvelur á Flugsafni Íslands. Hún lenti í smá óhappi 1977 og hefur væntanleg fengið nýja liti í framhaldi af því? Það sést líka að hún og Ka-3 eiga eitt og annað sameiginlegt. ;)
Mynd
Icelandic Volcano Yeti
Passamynd
Finnur
Póstar: 8
Skráður: 5. Maí. 2010 23:33:24

Póstur eftir Finnur »

Eg lærði og flaug mitt fyrsta soloflug a þesari svifflugu sem gengur undir nafninu "Lerkið".Velin fauk og skemdist mikið 1983 og gerð upp 1988 eftir upptegt hefur henni verið litið flogið.. http://timarit.is/view_page_init.jsp?pageId=2682362
Passamynd
Sverrir
Site Admin
Póstar: 11440
Skráður: 17. Apr. 2004 03:33:31

Póstur eftir Sverrir »

Jæja, Maarten flaug vélinni á sunnudaginn og var bara sáttur!

[quote]Well last sunday I finally managed to maiden the Rhoenlerche!

The day before safety wise I cycled the 5 cell Nimh pack which turned out to have a very low capacity and very low discharge Voltage. Good thing I checked! Replaced it with a LiFePo battery and put some extra lead in the nose to compensate.

At our field all the big towplanes were not there so after some deliberation I hooked it up behind the BigLift from PH-AJH with only a 26 cc gasser (with pipe).[/quote]
First a picture before the maiden, you never know:
Mynd

[quote]The BigLift just about managed to tow the Ka4, let's just say she took to the sky in a very scale fashion.[/quote]

[quote]Good thing I have done al lot of towing with Arjan so we are pretty much dialed in to each other. First tow was a bit dicy because the Ka4 was really nose heavy. I flew with full up trim and still had to pull the stick.[/quote]
Landed her safely:
Mynd

[quote]After the first flight I took out 200 grams of lead and made several more succesfull flights that day. Without lift she comes down fairly quickly which was to be expected. The glide angle is fairly modest. In light to medium lift however she really responds well and thermals extremely well. She excells in tight thermal turning. I had to keep the speedbrakes out (very effective!!!) several times to get her in safe altitude.

The aileron response is limited so I will adjust that. Could be that the forward CG limits aileron response. I still have to take out more lead.

Landing is a breeze although judging the descent rate takes a little getting used to after flying a Fox and a Pilatus B4 quite a bit.....

All in all a succesfull project. I am stoked!

Now it is time to finish the cockpit and add the two pilots (and start my next project, a Slingsby Swallow).

Regards, Maarten [/quote]
Icelandic Volcano Yeti
Svara